This article explains how to create a single user (or small number of users) using our single-user creation form in i GET IT. For creating a batch of users, see our Bulk User Import in User Management.
Required: Only Administrators have access to create users in i GET IT.
Using the Single-User Creation Form
- In the navigation menu, select Account and then select User Management.
- Select Create User from the top-left of the window. The single-user creation form will open.
- Fill in the minimum required fields for the user:
- First/Last Name
- Email Address
- Select the Users Preferred Engineering Application. This is used to control training preferences and can be changed at anytime by the end user (or administrator).
- Check the box if you want to send them the new user credentials through email.
- Select an available subscription to assign to the user which is required to access i GET IT.
- Click Create User
The user will now be created, which by default the user will be a Student role. See below how you can set different roles at creation by opening the Advanced Fields.
Optional Advanced Fields
The instructions above cover the minimum required fields. If you select Show Advanced Options, there are extra user profile attributes you can fill out and/or options to select. You can always edit those fields and options later by selecting the user in the list at User Management.
Some of the advanced options are:
- Extra attributes fields that can be filled out, used mostly for grouping and reporting.
- Select a different user type (by default set to Learner).
- Select a Group to assign to.
- Edit permissions for editing username/password.