If you need to create many users at once (such as more than 5), we recommend using the Bulk User Import Tool to reduced the amount of time and effort involved. How does it work? Basically, we provide a sample template CSV file, which you fill out with new user data and then upload into i GET IT to batch create the users.
- Only Administrators can perform this function.
- Complete CSV file of new users attributes.
- First, download the CSV Template from this article or while in the Bulk User Import Wizard.
- Then fill out the user details in Excel and re-save (make sure as a CSV file).
- You can also complete your own CSV to upload, we will ask you to match your columns to i GET IT fields during the upload process.
Upload Your Users
- From the left-navigation menu, select Account and open User Management.
- Select Bulk User Import button from top-right of the window.
- Upload your completed CSV user file by clicking Select and browse to your CSV file.
- After i GET IT reads the CSV file, it will align the fields against the i GET IT fields it thinks are closest matching. Verify each of the fields to the appropriate i GET IT field. If you don't want to import one of the columns, choose Skip this Column.
- Click Next to continue to the next step.
- Next, you will be presented with additional options, including assigning groups to the users being uploaded, setting profile preferences and assigning available subscriptions.
- When you are ready to continue, select Create Users. The bulk tool will now process each user from the CSV file.
- After processing the CSV file, a final result be shown with the users information for who was created and who was not (if there was a conflict). For each section, you can export the list of users for reference.
- Last option is to check the box if you want to send welcome emails to everyone with their user credentials.
- When done, click Finish.