Learning Paths are at the core of i GET IT's learning experience as they are a powerful tool to assign and manage content for users to complete. Learning Paths provide a 'guided tour' for users to follow and are very flexible. Basically, you can create a Learning Path, configure the order of the content to be completed, set settings to enforce start dates, due dates or the order of completion and then assign to your groups or single users. So lets get started and build a Learning Path!
Required: Admin or Manager Roles
Create a Learning Path
- Select Account from the navigation menu > Assigned Learning Paths to enter the Learning Path management tool.
- Select Create > enter in a name > select Create.
- The edit learning path screen will now be shown. First, it is recommended to fill in a description of your learning path. This will help your learners understand what the purpose of the learning path is all about.
- Select Update to save your title and description changes.
Add Courses and Assessments
From the Assignable Content and Users section, browse through the categories and subcategories to find the courses and assessments you want to add to your Learning Path.
- Select + icon to add each course and assessment to your learning path (on the right).
- Select and drag each course or assessment to rearrange the order of the learning path.
Assign to a Group and/or Users
Next, we need to assign your learning path to a group or multiple groups. You can also assign to just an individual user or users.
- While editing your learning path, select the Groups to view the available assignable groups.
- Find the group you want to assign and click the + icon to add them.
- Repeat the same process if you want to add individual users under the Users tab.
At this point, your learning path is created and assigned to the groups/users. When they login to i GET IT again and go to Learn > My Assigned Learning, they will see the learning path in their list. Next we will cover additional configurations that can be applied to your learning path and send notifications to the assigned users.
Setting Start and Due Dates
Start Dates allow you to prevent users from starting a course earlier then you want. If the start date is before todays date, the Start button for that course will be disabled. Due Dates provide a target and reminder to users to complete work by a certain date. Due dates the past do not lock out the course or assessment from being taken. You can set a start and due date for each individual course or assessment, or you can select the checkbox to set the same start and due dates for the whole learning path.
- While editing your learning path, click in each start and/or due date box and select a date.
- If you want to set the same date for every item, select the start and/or due dates from above the learning path.
Enforcing the Learning Path Order
If you want users to complete/pass each course/assessment according to the order of the learning path, you want to select the Enforce Order option. This will make a user complete each course 100% and a passing score for the assessment before moving down to the next item in the list.
- While editing your learning path, check the box for Enforce Order. Checked box means it will be enforceable and no check (default) will not enforce the order.
Send Notifications to Users
After you have set up your learning path, you can configure a message to your users and send them a notification about your learning path. A great option to initially alert users of the new learning path or send reminder emails.
- While editing your learning path, select Send Email Notification from the top of this section.
- You can configure your email with the following options:
- Subject Line: Your subject line of the email to the users.
- To: This will show in the email who the email is from. Usually you would enter in your own email address or the learning path owners email address.
- Message: Fill in a message to the users about your learning path. For example, instructions or comments relating to your learning path.
- Check box for Include List of Courses and Assessments in the Email will list out the contents of the learning path when the email is sent.
- When you are all done, click Send. The email will immediately be sent out.