This article will walk through the process of publishing a PowerPoint into i GET IT using the 'multiple slide-to-page' conversion process.
Required: Admin, Author or Manager Role
Publishing Using Multiple Slide-to-Page Conversion
- Navigate to Author and launch the Course Builder by selecting Build Courses.
- Select an option to create or edit a course. For this article, we will start with a new course. Select Create a New Course and click the Next button.
- Fill in the following details under Properties and then select Next to continue.
- Course Name
- Choose Online for Course Status
- Select a Category and Subcategory to store your course.
- Write a Course Overview. You can fill in a brief description and always come back to edit later.
- All other course properties can be filled in later
- Select Create Unit to create a placeholder for our PowerPoint. Provide a name and be sure to select the appropriate categories and topics you set up during the Environment Configuration step.
- Now that we have created our course and unit placeholders, let's get started with adding our PowerPoint. Select the Add icon (+) to enter the i GET IT Authoring Tool.
- Under Existing Content, choose PowerPoint and select the Build from Content button. This will bring up the PowerPoint Publishing Tool.
- For this article, we will choose the Multiple Slide-to-Page Conversion option, which converts each slide into a page in i GET IT. Select the Multiple Slide-to-Page Conversion radio button and click Select PowerPoint to browse and upload your PowerPoint file (PPT or PPTX).
- Enter in a Document Name and Unit Name. The Unit Name is where all the slides will be converted and stored. The Document Name is meaningless for this method of publishing, just fill in some default text for the sake of processing. NOTE: During the conversion process, i GET IT will use the slide title text as the document name (uses DocumentID if no title is present).
- Then select your organizational selections from the right sidebar. Options are:
- Document Type: Choose to default the document type for each slide, controls Table of Contents icon that is displayed.
- Category and Subcategory: Choose for storing the content to find later.
- Topics and Subtopics: Further classification for storage and used in detailed reporting of assessment results.
- Keywords: Enter any keywords used in searching.
- After filling all of your PowerPoint Publishing details, click Save and Publish.
- Select Close to exit back to the Course Builder.
What Happens Next? (conversion process)
After you have uploaded your PowerPoint for conversion, it will be added to the conversion queue. A typical PowerPoint takes between 5 - 15 minutes to convert but that is dependent on the size and complexity of the PowerPoint. In most cases, it takes just a few minutes but if you have numerous animations and large graphics, it can take sometime to chug through the conversion process.
Wrapping Up the Publishing Process
- It is recommended you Save and Exit the Course Builder and return once the PowerPoint has had time to convert.
- In some cases, an empty Unit will be left over from the initial publishing creation process. it is safe to remove this empty unit once the conversion is completed and your new unit is populated.
If you experience issues in publishing or don't see your converted PowerPoint after some time, please submit a ticket by clicking Support from the top menu bar in i GET IT.