In some cases, you may want to hide (or show) certain categories in the users Catalog. Why would you want to do that you may ask? Below are some scenarios where this could be useful.
When Would I Do This?
In one scenario, you might be a customer that uses a specific version of your software and you want to prevent users from taking other versions. For example, a customer uses CATIA V5 R20. You want to hide all the newer versions so users don't try techniques that don't apply to your version. You can select individual versions to be shown only to your users.
In another similar scenario you, maybe you want to hide categories entirely. Taking our example from above, you are a CATIA V5 user and your training subscription has access to SOLIDWORKS, NX, AutoCAD, etc... You can choose to hide everything but just CATIA from your catalog to avoid users spending time learning other softwares.
Another scenario, if you have authors, you can use this control to hide certain categories you don't want them to be authoring in. For example, old versions or new versions you are not wanting them to search through.
And finally, turning off or on certain categories and subcategories hides unwanted search results. Maybe you are a CATAI V5 R20 user and you want to disable results from R16-R19 versions.
How to Control Viewing Certain Categories in Catalog?
- Login as a user with Administrator role at https://app.myigetit.com .
- Select Account > Account Preferences.
- Scroll down and find the Hide/Show Categories and select Manage Visibility.
- In a new window, you will see a breakdown of all possible categories (note some might be shown even though you are subscribing to them). Check and uncheck the different categories you want visible. Place a check in one to be visible to users and uncheck the categories you want hidden.
- Select the side arrow to open specific categories and uncheck different versions you want hidden.
- That's it! Changes are effective immediate.
NOTE: There are tabs for Catalog and Author. From Library affects what the learners can see in the My Catalog and Search, and the From Authoring controls what authors can use to author with.