For team accounts, administrators can configure certain defaults for their learners accessing the Learning section. Below is a walkthrough on how each one works.
Setting a Default Tab to Display on Page Load
By default, when users access Learning, the default tab section to load is My Catalog. This is by design so a user can browse and find a course to take. But in some cases, team administrators may want to load a different tab by default, for example the Assign Learning Paths tab. We find customers who rely heavily on learning paths prefer this default so their users focus on their Assigned Learning rather than directed to browse for content.
Here's how you can control the defaults for your users.
- After logging in to i GET IT as a user with the Administrator role, select Account from the navigation sidebar.
- Select Account Preferences to open the team account settings.
- Under the Select Default Learning Tab, you have three options to choose from. They are
- My Catalog: The default choice for users, will bring them to the catalog so they can browse for content by selecting from various categories and topics.
- Assigned Learning Paths: Best option if you rely heavily on Learning Paths for your users.
- Favorites: Seldom used but an option that shows you all the courses you have favorited.
- Select on of the options radio buttons.
- Click the Save button to commit your changes.
- On the next login for all of your users, they will be shown your preferred default when accessing the Learning section.
NOTE: This setting is applied to all users of your account.
NOTE: This only controls the access for the default tab, see the setting for Hide Categories for Catalog, Search and Authroing if you only want users to see the Assigned Learning Path tab.