In some extreme cases, you may want your students only accessing the Learning Paths that they have been assigned. By selecting Hide My Catalog from Students, the My Catalog tab section will be hidden from view and default to show the Assigned Learning Paths section only. This prevents students from browsing for unnecessary content that they should not be concentrating on.
To control this setting:
- Login to i GET IT as a user with the administrator role.
- Select Account > Account Preferences.
- Scroll down to the Turn Off My Catalog from Students option and choose one of the following options:
- Show My Catalog (default): Displays the My Catalog section under Learning.
- Hide My Catalog: Hides the My Catalog from Learning and defaults to showing Assigned Learning Paths only.
- Click the Save button to commit your changes.
NOTE: This options simply turns off or on the visibility of the My Catalog section for Learning. If you want further controls of what is shown under My Catalog, you can use the Hide Categories for Catalog, Search and Authoring to turn on or off certain categories and subcategories from students view.