This article covers adding embedded videos into course documents using our native authoring tool. By adding a new Embedded Video widget into your working document, authors can copy and past the embed code from solutions such as YouTube, Wistia, Vimeo and JWPlayer.
This article assumes:
- you know how to create or edit a course.
- you know how to create or edit a course document.
Adding an Embedded Video to a Course Document
- Login to i GET IT with authoring permissions.
- Select Author > Course Builder.
- Create a new course or choose an existing course to edit from your course list. To enter edit mode, just click on the pencil icon next your course name.
- After completing Step 2, choose Step 3 for the Build process.
- Open or add a unit and then choose to edit your selected course document by clicking on the edit pencil icon.
- While editing your document, click on the widgets tab in the right-properties bar.
- Navigate to the Embed Video widget box and drag it into your document.
- Once you position the widget in the template, copy-n-paste the embedded video code from your video provider into the empty text box.
- Save the document by clicking Save button and preview your changes.
The Embedded Video widget will use the embedded code snippet to display and play the video. The video still comes from your provider, such as YouTube,Microsoft Stream, Wistia and others. Please be aware of the security settings, login credentials and guidelines your IT infrastructure provides for viewing these kind of videos.
Finding the YouTube Embed Code
- On a computer, go to the YouTube video you want to embed.
- Under the video, click SHARE .
- Click Embed.
- From the box that appears, copy the HTML code.
- Paste the code into your Embed Video widget in your course document.
More help from YouTube https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en
Finding the Microsoft Stream Embed Code
- Login to Office 365 and open the Microsoft Stream app.
- Find the video you want to include in your course document.
- Click the Share icon below the video.
- Select the Embed tab at the top.
- Copy the HTML code snippet and paste into your Embed Video widget in your course document.