Creating a quick learning assignment can be useful when you are looking to just share a course/assessment to a group of users without formally creating a learning path. Quick Assignments are similar to a learning path but don't have due dates or require order enforcement's. There intention is for quick, one-off assignments often occurring on-the-fly.
Creating the Quick Assignment
- Login as Administrator or Manager of the account.
- Select Account from the left-navigation toolbar > select Assigned Learning.
- Click the Create button and select Quick Assignment. Type a descriptive name of your learning assignment.
- Use the category filters to find and add the courses and/or assessments you were wanting to assign. Once you find your learning content, click the circle plus icon to add them.
- Select your groups or users that you want to assign to. Optional, you can use the Conditions tab to further filter the assignee list with conditions that will apply to your selected groups/users.
- Click Back to return to the main Assigned Learning page.
NOTE: The selected users will be assigned the learning content immediately and optionally be notified by email by click Send Email Reminder.
Editing your Quick Assignment
When you need to edit your assignment, return to the Assigned Learning page and click the pencil icon next to your Quick Assignment.
Send Notifications to Users
After you have set up your learning path, you can configure a message to your users and send them a notification about your learning path. A great option to initially alert users of the new learning path or send reminder emails.
- While editing your learning path, select Send Email Reminder from the top of this section.
- You can configure your email with the following options:
- Subject Line: Your subject line of the email to the users.
- To: This will show in the email who the email is from. Usually you would enter in your own email address or the learning path owners email address.
- Message: Fill in a message to the users about your learning path. For example, instructions or comments relating to your learning path.
- Check box for Include List of Courses and Assessments in the Email will list out the contents of the learning path when the email is sent.
- When you are all done, click Send. The email will immediately be sent out.